Pepsi® and Frito-Lay® Stanley Cup® Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
- SPONSOR / ADMINISTRATOR. The sponsor of this Contest is PepsiCo Canada ULC (the “Contest Sponsor”) and the
administrator of this contest is Elite Email Inc. (the “Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their
province/territory of residence. The Contest is not open to employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor,
the Administrator, the NHL Entities (defined in Section 15 below), the NHLPA (defined in Section 15 below), or their
respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, shareholders, members, officers, directors, representatives, agents,
advertising and promotion agencies, Contest suppliers or judges (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), or members of the
immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) of persons domiciled
with (whether related or not), any of the above.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will begin on March 20, 2016 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end at 5:00 PM ET on April 16, 2016 (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, purchase one (1) participating PepsiCo beverage AND one (1) snack product (as provided
below) in the same transaction during the Contest Period. Keep your receipt as proof of purchase and follow the steps
- (i) Text [PLAYOFFS] to  and the Contest Administrator will send you a link;
- (ii) Upload a photo of your receipt to the link and provide your name, province, confirmation that you are age of majority and confirmation that you have read, understood and accept these Rules.
For each unique receipt correctly uploaded with the required information, you will receive one (1) entry into the draw. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM ET on April 16, 2016. With the exception of the first day which starts at 9:00 AM ET and the last day which ends at 5:00 PM ET, a “day” begins at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET. Maximum four (4) with purchase entries per person during the Contest Period.
To participate via mobile, you must have a mobile phone with SMS messaging capabilities. You may incur standard text message or data charges from your wireless service provider for each message sent and/or received. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such SMS charges or data charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. All entries must be received and recorded within the Contest Period. The Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the text message entry will be considered made by the natural person who is assigned a telephone number by the wireless carrier provider.
- Participating PepsiCo products (any flavour/variety): Pepsi®, 7UP®, Mountain Dew®, Mug®, Dr Pepper*, Crush*, Schweppes* soft drinks and Brisk® beverages (12 or 15 x 355 mL); Lay’s® potato chips (220 g – 255 g) and Cheetos® cheese flavoured snacks (220 g – 310 g). Not all participating products are available in all locations.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.Purchase is not required and does not enhance chance of winning. To enter without making a purchase by mail, clearly print your full legal name, mailing address, phone number where you could be reached and your age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper, and tell us in 50 or more words why you love PepsiCo products. Mail your submission in a sealed, stamped and hand-printed envelope to: Pepsi® and Frito-Lay® Stanley Cup® Contest, 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Suite 200, Toronto, ON, M9L 1S7. Each eligible mail-in submission will be eligible for one (1) entry into the Contest. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 16, 2016 and received by April 18, 2016. Each mail-in entry must be mailed in a separate outer envelope, bearing sufficient postage and must be submitted in English or French. Computer-generated or electronically-reproduced entries will not be accepted. Limit of one (1) no purchase entry per person per calendar week during the Contest Period. All entries become the sole property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason.
- PRIZES AND HOW TO WIN.
NOTIFICATION AND HOW TO CLAIM THE GRAND PRIZE. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by text or telephone at the contact information provided on the entry. This notification (the “Notification”) will occur within two (2) business days after the Grand Prize draw is completed, or as soon as reasonably possible thereafter. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide a valid telephone number to ensure prompt receipt of any Notification. WITHIN THREE (3) BUSINESS DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTIFICATION AT THE PHONE NUMBER PROVIDED (E.G. VIA TELEPHONE CONVERSATION OR BY LEAVING A VOICEMAIL, REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT IS RECEIVED):
- (i) Grand Prize: There is one Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”) available to be won, consisting of the following:
- One (1) trip for four (4) including round-trip economy-class air transportation departing from the major airport closest to the winner’s home to the designated game city (which may include non-direct flights);
- One (1) trip for four (4) including round-trip economy-class air transportation departing from the major airport closest to the winner’s home to the designated game city (which may include non-direct flights);
Two (2) nights’ 4-star accommodation, based on double occupancy, at a hotel to be chosen by the Contest Sponsor;
Four (4) tickets to attend a 2016 Stanley Cup® Final hockey game (the “Game”) as determined by the Contest Sponsor;
Four (4) NHL® merchandise packages; and
CAD $1,000 in spending money (awarded to winner only).
- Exact travel dates for the Grand Prize are to be determined but will occur sometime between May 24 and June 16, 2016. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is thirteen-thousand dollars (CAD $13,000). Any difference between the actual and approximate retail value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. The Grand Prize may not be exactly as shown in Contest promotional materials.
- On April 22, 2016, a random draw will be conducted by the Contest Sponsor or the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select one (1) eligible Grand Prize winner. The selected entrant will be notified by phone within two (2) business days for winner verification. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right for any reason to award or substitute the Grand Prize, or part thereof, of equal or greater value, including without limitation, a cash award.
- The Grand Prize winner and his/her three (3) guests shall be responsible for all applicable taxes, flight taxes, surcharges and fuel surcharges. Grand Prize winner and guests must be available to travel on dates specified by the Contest Sponsor, which will occur between May 24 and June 16, 2016. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including ground transportation, meals, gratuities, taxes, travel documents, telephone calls, in-room movies, mini-bar expenses, room service, gratuities, medical and travel insurance, excess baggage costs, optional tours, airport departure taxes, duties, all personal expenses and all other expenses not specified herein, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guests. The Grand Prize winner and guests must be available to travel on the dates that are selected by the Contest Sponsor and must travel together on the same itinerary. No alternative travel dates are available due to the nature of the Grand Prize. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize winner and guests are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation, including valid Canadian passports, and must be able to enter the United States of America (if applicable). If a Grand Prize winner does not have proper travel documentation, or does not accept or participate in any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever, then he/she forfeits that portion of the Grand Prize, and the Contest Sponsor shall have no further obligation or liability with respect to the forfeited portion of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize winner and guests are responsible for transportation to and from the departure airport, to and from the destination airport and the hotel, and to and from the hotel and the Game. The Contest Sponsor is not liable if travel is impeded or refused by reason of decisions of Canadian or U.S. government authorities, or other airline or airport authorities. The Grand Prize winner and guests must sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s form of Declaration of Compliance and Release prior to ticketing of the Grand Prize. Minor guests must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Parties for the Game (or element(s) thereof) being cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled after ticketing of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. If, for any reason, the Game does not occur (or an element of the Game, if applicable), that portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of the Grand Prize award.
- Resale of NHL® game/event tickets is prohibited. Winner and winner’s guests must abide by all venue policies and game/event ticket terms and conditions. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial prize from any winner or winner’s guest who Sponsor or venue personnel deem, in their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or bring Contest Sponsor or Contest Parties into disrepute.
- (ii) Daily Prizes: There are a total of one hundred forty (140) NHL®-branded Toques available to be won as daily (each a “Daily Prize”). Five (5) Daily Prizes will be awarded each day during the Contest Period. Each Daily Prize has an approximate retail value of $11.99CAD.
- Beginning March 21, 2016, and each business day thereafter until April 18, 2016 the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative will conduct Daily Prize draws from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the Daily Prize draw to select five (5) eligible entries. Daily Prize draws will occur at approximately 2:00 PM ET with servers under supervision of the Contest Sponsor’s authorized representative. Odds of winning a Daily Prize depend on the number of eligible entries in that day’s draw. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person or household during the Contest Period. Non-winning entries will be carried over and will be eligible for consideration for future Daily Prize draws. Daily Prize winners remain eligible for future Daily Prize draws and the Grand Prize draw.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reschedule any Daily Prize draw. No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Sponsor for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any draw for any reason or for Daily Prizes that remain unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsor may decide, at its sole discretion, to award any unclaimed or unawarded Daily Prizes that remain following the last Daily Prize draw on April 18, 2016, by random draw to any remaining eligible entries. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete entries. Proof of transmission (e.g. screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
- All Daily Prize winners must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a Declaration of Compliance and Prize Claim form before a Daily Prize can be awarded. Daily Prizes must be accepted as awarded, cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive a Prize, any selected entrant will be required to sign the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor, the NHL Entities (defined in Section 15 below), the NHLPA (defined in Section 15 below), and their respective affiliated companies, agencies, Administrator, Contest Prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of the Prize. Prize winners and guests of Grand Prize winner (subject to applicable releases) agree to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Sponsor, any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor and its respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.By entering this Contest, the winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Parties (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding, use or misuse of any Prize, (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize, (iii) disclaim any implied warranty, and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest including any travel related thereto. The Contest Parties are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
INDEMNIFICATION. By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Parties from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which may arise out of any breach of any of covenants, agreements, terms, obligations, representations or warranties set forth herein.
RIGHT TO TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND.The Contest Sponsor may at any time, at its sole discretion and without liability, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, subject only to approvals required by law, if fraud, technical failures or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, in the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted at pepsihockeycontest.ca to that effect. In addition, for the purposes of determining eligibility to win a Prize in the event of early termination of the Contest, all eligible entries received prior to the time of early termination will be considered as valid and for the purposes of these Rules, the Contest Period will be deemed to have ended at the moment of early termination. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors, including without limitation, any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then it shall be, to the extent invalid or unenforceable, deemed omitted and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. No waiver on the part of the Contest Sponsor to enforce of any term herein shall be deemed a continuing waiver or a waiver of any other term.
QUEBEC RESIDENTS ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Any applicable decision to be made by the Contest Sponsor affecting the conduct of this Contest are subject to a ruling of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
DISCREPANCY: This Contest is subject to all applicable, federal, provincial and municipal laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English language Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Release, and/or point of sale, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English language Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
NHL: For the avoidance of doubt, the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V. and NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (such NHL and NHL Member Team entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”), the National Hockey League Players’ Association (the “NHLPA”), and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or any prize awarded. Neither NHL Entities nor the NHLPA have offered or sponsored the Contest in any way.
- The potential winner must claim his/her Grand Prize as instructed in the Notification;
- The potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, at a time to be mutually agreed upon;
- The potential winner must accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release (the “Release”), which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of a Prize;
- Guests of the winner (or the parent or legal guardian of a Minor guest) must sign a Declaration and Release form which releases the Contest Parties from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of a Prize as well as a Publicity Release; and
- The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of picture identification as part of the verification process.
- If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to the Notification within the timeframe set out above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, or declines to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select one (1) alternate potential Grand Prize Winner subject to the same terms set out above. If a Grand Prize winner cannot be verified, the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
- NOTIFICATION AND HOW TO CLAIM A DAILY PRIZE. Each day, the selected Daily Prize entrant will be notified by text or telephone and instructed how to claim the Daily Prize. To be declared a winner, a selected entrant must correctly answer the required mathematical skill-testing question, sign a Declaration of Compliance and Prize Claim form, and otherwise comply with the Rules. Awarding of a Daily Prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. If a selected entrant cannot be located or does not respond within three (3) business days of notification, the entrant will be disqualified, forfeits the Daily Prize and the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant by random draw for the Daily Prize. The Contest Sponsor or their representatives will attempt to contact these alternates, who will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. Allow two (2) to three (3) weeks for verification and fulfilment. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify a selected entrant. Daily Prizes will only be fulfilled following winner verification. The Contest Parties make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Daily Prize. Any unclaimed Daily Prize may be awarded, at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, by random draw following the final Daily Prize draw on April 18, 2016.
NHL, the NHL Shield, and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2016. All Rights Reserved.
™ / ® PepsiCo, Inc. and related company. Used under licence.
*Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. Used under licence.
Brisk® - Unilever Inc. Used under licence.
If you need assistance, contact
View official contest rules
NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and the Stanley Cup Final logo are registered
trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams
© NHL 2016. All Rights Reserved.